Saturday, August 15, 2015

Animal Crackers - Hiding in the shade

Howdy -

Ok, I know I repeat myself and you probably are tired of it. But man is it hot! I hate summer! HATE it! It has run on average 103  this week. And this girl can't handle it at all. And I really worry about my "kids". Chickens first off... they have their misters going, but have to keep a real close watch on them and this heat.. It is like a roaster out there and that is not healthy for chickens!  Goats are smart. They usually find shade as the day gets too hot. And the donkeys are drinking a lot more water and trying to stay in the shade as well.

Yesterday afternoon we sold two of the girls. Caliente and Leticia "Poquito dos". They didn't load up willingly, but finally did get in the trailer with lots of help from Hubby and I. Sounds like they are really going to be spoiled rotten. I love that. They have a new barn, and even have name plates made to hang over the door... LOL -

Me... I was really sad to see them go and worried about them all afternoon. But they are good and I know will be loved. They were a surprise birthday gift for the mans wife. Wish I could have seen that surprise! Hubby and I spent all of dinner last night discussing who we will be breeding with Raffie and Black Jack this fall. I am so excited about it! A year to wait for babies but as long as they are in the oven and coming!!

Now I took my camera out earlier in the week... And got a few nice shots of the kids -


Pepita has just been so friendly - first one out of the shade and over to get some ears rubbed. In all that black I would stay in the shade. But she braves the sun for loving. And boy does she get it! Such a sweet girl! (She is on the breed list!! He he he)

Miss Bella... she stayed in the shade -


Such a beautiful lady. I am so thankful that we decided to keep her. She was one that we got years ago and was asked to sell for a friend. She was young, and she was skittish. But she soon became so friendly that I just had to keep her. We have gotten a few great babies from her and she is a great Mom. I think we will hold off on her this year and give some of the younger girls a chance to have babies.  Right now her main job is to be Darlene's BFF - Those two are never far apart!!

Speaking of just a few feet away...


She was going to town rubbing up and down on that t-post. Really great neck scratching post! The old lady is funny sometimes! Still find it hard to believe she is approaching 25 years old. She is looking so great. Trim and coat is shiny and healthy. A few years ago we were so worried about her. She got so sick after a baby was born. Long word ... basically she lost too many minerals in her system. She was over weight, hooves were having issues. But now... she is keeping up with all the young girls and looking like a super model.  

Went in to visit with the goats - 

Pretty much everyone was in hiding from the sun - 

Jackie was standing across and over her Mom Daisy in one of the sheds.


Best to be out of the sun yes, but had to be hot back in that shed too... Love all those blue eyes...

And yes Jackies sister Lizzie wasn't far... just across the little shed on her own. Smarter... out front getting a little breeze.


Lizzie cracks me up - girl is a total clown. Always looks like she is grinning and probably is as she is a happy girl most all the time. And again those blue eyes!

Little Louise was out cleaning up the last of the breakfast hay with her Mom...


 I am usually not totally nuts over the more solid white goats. But Louise has won me over completely. She is such a talker and ALWAYS answers me when I have conversations with her. Back and forth, back and forth. Hubby usually just walks away rolling his eyes at me. But I have caught him out there chatting with her too. LOL

Spartacus was posing being cute as well. This guy is all DUDE... He has those same markings as Lizzie that makes him always look like he is smiling. He will have to be sold one day for sure. But for now we are enjoying watching him, he is so entertaining -


 Now this is my girl - Gato middle of the afternoon in her window bed... air conditioning over head. Nice afternoon nap but the light must have been just a bit bright for her.



She loves that window bed.  :0)

Hope you got a smile from the kids this week. Sometimes I get in a rut, showing off the same kids. I try to show off others, but some kids just are easier and like to have the photo taken more than others.

Have a wonderful blessed weekend! Me.. thinking I need a me day of coloring and crafting today. Should do laundry and cleaning... but hey.. it is my birthday so I should take it off right? You can't do laundry and clean on your birthday!

HUGS  and -

4 comments:

Cheri Burry said...

Happy Birthday! Hope you have a great day doing whatever you want! I just wanted to tell you how much I enjoy your posts of your "family"! They are such a joy to read and I love all your pictures! Hugs

soaringeagle said...

Hope your birthday is absolutely amazing. Why do housework when you can do something a lot more fun!!!
Always love looking at your animals every Saturday. Wish I lived with you so I could enjoy them in real life.

Peggy S from OH said...

I hope you have a fantastic Birthday! Do what you want and get lots of lovin' from the furkids!

Carol Dee said...

Happy Birthday. I hope your card arrived on time. ;) I say color and craft ALL day in the AC. Have a great day and let DH spoil you some too. ;)