Sunday, July 6, 2014

Gardening Sunday - Cooked Veggies

Howdy -

Well the Texas heat has started doing its work on our garden.


The squash and zucchini are starting to show signs of the heat. Still getting quite a bit of veggies from them, but it is slowing down..

Tomatoes are really showing the heat -


Actually we have had it longer than we should have. I mean it is JULY! LOL Spring gardens in texas never ever make it too far into summer.

Sad .. but good news is that the Fall garden will start up really soon.

Now I wanted to also show you the crepe myrtle tree since it has really come to life!


 It really has come to life... buzzes with life! Yep the bee's really love these trees. They don't bother you though... leave them to their flowers and they leave us alone. Trees make great shade for the goats and the chickens. too...

Hope you have a nice Sunday planned - around the house for us. Hubby works outside more than I do. Heat and I don't get along. I try and get out early in the morning and late in the evening though.

HUGS and

2 comments:

Kirsten said...

The planet needs all the bees it can get, so yay for that gorgeous myrtle tree!

Carol Dee said...

I sure wish we could grow a crepe myrtle here. We have the bee hives and need more food sources. They do have the wild flowers and herbs I have planted. But none seem to attracted to them like your myrtle.