Sunday, June 29, 2014

Gardening Sunday - One Day...

Howdy-

I know I keep saying we have LOTS of squash and zucchini... but proof for you here. This is ONE DAY's pick!!


We try and pick at least 3-4 days a week or so. Should be more but there is just so much time in a day, and so much room to put it! LOL.  This here is our pick from earlier in the week. Been trying all kinds of recipes - zucchini bread, chocolate zucchini bread, squash bread, zucchini chips, zucchini boats, zucchini tots... all have been really yummy!

But if you look you will notice that there is one thing that is not like the others in that photo! Yes Hubby has picked his first watermelon!


They aren't getting as big as we expected them to. But they are sure cute! Little smaller than a dinner plate. Heavy though!

And really pretty inside-

I got one bite - really was all I wanted. Not a huge watermelon fan. But this one was really sweet and much much better than store bought. Thinking the next one I may have to have more than one bite!

This was photo Hubby sent in to me yesterday -


OH MY! Couldn't believe the grapes have turned so fast!! When he came in I just looked at him and said "WELL??" He wrinkled his face up and said "WOW THEY ARE SOUR!"

HA! too funny.  Now I need to see how many I need to make some jam! Bet more than the few we have huh? :0)

Hope you have a wonderful Sunday - we are planning to do some major picking today and Hubby is even talking about starting some fall plants! Can you believe it? I guess these are going to start croaking out on us. With the weather getting so hot. We sure have really enjoyed our first garden though! Thinking about more and different for the next spring though!

Have a blessed and wonderful Sunday!
HUGS and


3 comments:

Carol Dee said...

Hard to believe this is your 1sr garden! If the melon is diner plate size those are some BIG zucchini. WOW (I am not a watermelon fan either, some people around here think I am nutty.)The grapes look ready, but if you can keep the birds off them, try letting them ripen a few more days, That might help with the sour factor.

Kirsten said...

The first watermelon, yay!! It looks delicious. Yes, let the grapes ripen for a bit longer as Carol said. Have a great week.

okienurse said...

Just pulled up broccoli and brussel sprout plants yesterday as they quit producing. Picked all the cabbage yesterday too now don't know what I am going to do with so much. I planted squash a couple weeks ago and plants look good but...no squash yet. Wish it was a short drive we could swap out stuff!!! We are getting tomatoes now and next week corn will be ready to harvest. Love Sunday gardening!