Thursday, May 22, 2014

Whimsy Inspiration - This little dog reminded me...

Howdy -
Now when I was looking for an image I ran across this sweet little guy from Crissy's Digi's.



He is from the Scottish Terrier Set -  well he reminded me so much of a friends dog that I just had to color him up and send it to him! Yes I addressed the card to the dog... They are part of the family too!
It isn't very easy to color a dog to match the real thing. But I think he looks close. I mailed it off earlier in the week, I so hope they already got it and I am not spoiling the surprise here.

I colored with my Copics (colors below) and then cut with an oval nestie. The papers are from Farm House - Kountry Kitchen collection. Love these papers - I used dark red and black card stock, then die cut out a lace border from MFT. Then a vintage black and cream colored ribbon tied in a bow.  The papers are all sewn in a zig zag stitch. Viva Decor Black Pen for the dots. The sentiment is also from Whimsy and is part of one of my favorite collections - Cute and Cuddly Sentiments.

Inside the card is left over papers to match -


Copic Colors used -

Hope they like it and it gives them a smile - I just got to know their furry child really... and he is a sweetheart! They are lucky to have found such a great little guy and he is pretty darn lucky to have such a great family that love him.

Have a wonderful day -
HUGS and

1 comment:

Carol Dee said...

Cute card, he looks like my In-laws dog Smoky!