Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Whimsy Stamps Challenge - Anything Goes!

Howdy -

Big chances of rain today - I have a ton on my list of what I should get done today... but wouldn't a long rainy day inside working on projects just be lovely. :0) Maybe.....

Today is the Whimsy Stamps Challenge - It is a very easy one so no excuses for not joining in this week. Anything Goes! For me I took that as a challenge to try something new... new artist for Whimsy and a new style of card with a technique I have not tried in a long time. Use to love making leaves and things with my VersaMark stamp pad and embossing powders.

Here is my card -

Told you it was different for me!! I love the new images - The new artist is AshlanValor Tangles - you can see all of her new images HERE. I used "Fall Maple Leaf" I printed three leaves - and colored with my Copics. (colors below) I then printed out a sentiment and then colored it with three copic colors I used in the leaves... then blended them. I kept things as simple as I could. Brown card stock base. Olive Green Core'dinations card stock sanded. I doodled the lines around the edges.

Then went to work on my leaves again - I love this technique... and these leaves really sparked the dusty cobwebs in the back of my brain to pull it all out. I cut out the leaves after colored. I press them upside down onto the VersaMark stamp pad to get them juicy. Then sprinkle with clear embossing powder. Heat... while still hot sprinkle again.... and then one more.... the last time I added just a bit of Iridescent embossing powder for some added sparkle to them.

They become hard like and have great sheen to them.


You can see as they move in the light they change.



Love that!

here are the Copic colors.


OH it was so nice to "play" Especially after being in bed for two days... Had two wisdom teeth out end of last week. Went really well... and got lots of great rest with the help of nice meds. But totally enjoyed playing once I could function... and color in the lines! LOL

Now you need to click on over to the Whimsy Stamp Challenge and join us for ANYTHING GOES!

Have a great day... I am hoping for a rainy day and more crafting!!
HUGS and-

2 comments:

Anet's Crafting said...

Your card is beautiful Michelle, I love the gorgeous leaves and layout.

Carol Dee said...

Stunning fall card. The leaves are beautiful.