Tuesday, September 17, 2013

High Hopes - Purple and Orange Challenge

Howdy -

New Challenge starting over at the High Hopes Challenge today - getting a little Fall feeling? The challenge is to make a card using Purple and Orange. Normally I know that would fit right in with a Halloween card right? Well... I went with a little different card - I needed a birthday card - so I dug through my older High Hopes images and found a few that haven't been inked in a while.. perfect for this birthday card -

Here is my card using "Tracking Thomas", "Moose tracks", "Large TeePee", and the sentiment "Tracking Birthday"


I found some pattern papers from DCWV that main colors were purple and orange, kraft brown base, then card stock in purple and orange. I colored my image in Copics (colors below) and then sewed all the pieces together. Yes, another easel card. Wasn't the plan, but the image got big.. and well it just sent that way. LOL  This is such a cute image... and they all work so well together. I added stickles to the image.. why.. who knows not real "indian" like, but I figure this was dress up Indian and he probably would have more fun with his clothes.

 Close up of the sentiements -



And the Copic colors used -


Hope they like their birthday card - again it is a little different for me to make but I like the way it ended up. I am sure you have some High Hopes images that you can work with some purple and orange.. join us at the challenge and have a chance at more High Hopes -

Have a wonderful day -
Hugs and

1 comment:

Carol Dee said...

Purple and orange. A favorite color combination. (I wore it yesterday!) Cute card. I have never seen this image before!