Tuesday, April 2, 2013

High Hopes Challenge - Going Sentimental

Howdy -
  today is the High Hopes Challenge - and we are Going Sentimental! And that simply means to make sure that you have a Sentiment with your High Hopes project.

Now me... I needed a card today - you see today is my Sister's Birthday. Shhhh.. I do believe this year she is joining the 40 club, so don't say anything ok? She might just be touchy about it. :0)  anyway I needed to card for her - and so I found a fun one from High Hopes to use! Hopefully it will give her a "Spring" and make her smile.


I used "Leapin Larry"  I think he is so fun! And paired up with the sentiment "Hoppy Birthday" He is perfect for a birthday card. I colored with my Copics (colors below) I cut out with Thin Oval Nestie Dies, then I used a Copic to create the "mat" - a fake mat that is. The papers are from Bazzil called Vintage Marketplace I think. Old collection I found on the shelf, I love these patterns. Used White card stock for the base, then hot pink card stock as a mat. Sewed things all together, and then die cut Memory Box corner flourish in white for the corners. Four simple green buttons finish it off.

Here are my copic colors.

The inside is scraps from the front other than I colored a matching flower for the inside.

Hope you will HOP on over to the High Hope challenge and join us this week. It is a pretty easy challenge and chances for a great prize!

OH and Hope you have a fabulous birthday Sis! :0)

Have a great Tuesday -
HUGS and-

2 comments:

Dianne said...

Michele, wow beautiful inside and out,it beautiful, love your corner pieces, and the buttons on there, I'm sure your DS will love it, it makes me happy..

Carol Dee said...

Oooo I love the colors and papers and cute Hoppy Frog. The inside is as pretty as the outside. I am sure sis will like it and maybe feel less unhappy about her age. LOL. hugs....