Thursday, December 27, 2012

Whimsy Stamps - A Happy New Year

Howdy! So did Santa bring you what was on your list? I didn't get the maid, or the personal assistant that was on mine... LOL  Hubby and I had a pretty quiet holiday. I am thinking that the New Year's holiday will be more of the same. And actually that is ok with me! We enjoyed some time with family and some nice time at home with no real agenda of things to do. He worked out in his garage, me I found my desk! Took me over 4 hours but I actually found the glass top to my desk and got it all cleaned up and ready to start a new year. Now the rest of my Craft room is still a bit of a mess - but all I needed right now was some space for me to sit and color and make a few cards.

Here is one I did with one of the new Whimsy Stamps by LiaStampz  and is called "Happy New Year"


She is a great New Years image... but I went with a Congrats card - more uses for me you know? I colored her up with my copies ( Sorry I forgot to snap the photo before I put them up ) I then cut her out with an oval Nestie. The papers are all new ones from Basic Grey called Serenade. Pretty papers, and I love how they all go together. I sewed down a few of the patterns. A piece of tan lace with the teal satin ribbon across it with a bow. I then found a chipboard flourish thingie in my drawer, I used some Vintage Shabby Chic embossing powders for it, then a few mulberry Roses and Martha Stewart branch punches. My "Congrats" is a Sizzix Alphabet Dies - I always forget I have those... need to leave it out on my desk and use them more! Love how they look.

Inside is a simple version of the front.


Was fun to sit and craft for much needed me time. Thinking this weekend will hopefully be more of the same. Suppose to be rainy and cold this coming weekend and New Years... sounds great for crafting. Hubby is talking about fishing - I think that is TOTALLY nuts in a cold rain, but me are not always smart when it comes to their Guy hobbies are they? We won't go into Women hobbies and how smart we approach things. :0) 

I'll see you on Saturday for Animals Crackers - 
HUGS and



3 comments:

Helen said...

Hi Michelle, what a lovely card. Santa brought me a lot of new crafting stuff, now I have to clean my desk to start with it. Hopefully I will find some time the coming days. Enjoy your holidays and all the best for a healthy, enjoyable and crafty 2013. Hugs, Helen

Carol Dee said...

Fun way too spend a rainyday, YES! You will find me baking or crafting. DH is a duck hunter, around here that equalls cold wet weather, they are NUTS. :) I will stop by to see the critters SAturday. TGIF hugs....







Pop's Cards said...

Hey sweetie this is just gorgeous, gorgeous colours too huggles Pops x x x