Wednesday, August 22, 2012

Whimsy Stamps - Lexi's Beach Ball

Howdy Wednesday - Today I thought I would show off one of my Whimsy Cards that was just published in the July Whimsy Stamps Magazine. YOU DO GET IT RIGHT? If not make sure to visit the Whimsy Store and sign up!!! You can get it online for free.. or if you are like me and want it in print they now offer it in print shipped right to your mailbox HERE.

But back to my card  - I thought I would share one of my cards that was published in the Magazine... Love this image - "Lexi's Beach Ball" from Crissy's Digitals.



Now it has been awhile since I did this one, so lets see what I did here...
The pattern papers are DCWV Nana's Nursery Baby Girl, Sewed down each layer. The border is Whimsy Double Scallop Border Die, two of them, that I ran ribbon through and then layered pattern paper between. The corners of the image I have Whimsy Corner Die Set.. topped with Viva Decor Pearl Pen, Salmon color. For the sand there is Ranger Stickles Diamond (over Copic E53)

Now back to Lexi's Beach Ball... I colored her and then cut her out. Then I took a second one and colored her is shades of grey. The pretty colorful Lexi is then pop dotted over the shaded one... gives a really great shadow effect.

The Sentiment is from Whimsy - Summertime Sentiment

The inside matches the front with pattern papers. And the sentiment is also from the summertime sentiments

I didn't take a photo of the Copics, as this was long ago and for the Magazine.. but I did write the colors  down :0) Copics - BG0000, BG10, G12, G40, E0000, E000, E00, E02, E53, E55, E57, N2, R12, R20, R81, R83, R85, Y11, Y23, YR61 and 0- Blender

Can you believe that summer is almost over? Well the calendar dates, and school time is already here... but it is still warm enough to put on your bikini and grab a beach ball and head to the beach! HA...

Hope you liked my card, and if you don't get the magazine... get on over and sign up for it. WOW really full of tons of inspiration and LOTS of tutorials!!! 

I am off... errands today... and it is a list longer than we will get done this week! 
Have a wonderful day-
HUGS and--

3 comments:

Carol Dee said...

SWEET, loving that cool border punch! Lexi is adorablein her paper pieced swim suit. Pretty colors. Hugs...

Rhonda Miller said...

This is adorable. I love the bright colors and the cute image.

Marilyn said...

Nice card Michelle! There's a ton of detail and work went into this and it shows. Gorgeous!