Tuesday, August 28, 2012

Sunset Rose

Hello Wednesday - Today I have a card that I did just cuz. Last week I pulled out one of my new Whimsy Stamps - Little Cottage Cuties by Elizabeth Bell images. This stamp was one of those "I have to have" stamps... you know what I mean? Anyway last week I pulled out this image as I need to just space out and color... no reason, no special project, just color for the mental health of coloring and peace. And I knew Sunset Rose was perfect!


 I colored with my Copics of course (colors below) and I honestly think I colored for a hour or more - was a great time. LOL

Then for my card, I knew I HAD to use the new paper pad from BoBunny - Little Miss collection. Those roses were made for this image.


I picked a few of the patterns, cut out a mat with a Nestie, sewed down layers on brown card stock then placed it all on a cream colored base. Now the ribbon.. that is yummy Whimsy Stamps Pink Petal Designs ribbons... great colors to choose from with the fabulous died shabby look. I just ordered a whole bunch more colors, as after I got this one I was really wanting more.  My Roses were cream colored, and I used the same peachy Copic colors I used on her dress and colored them to match. I almost think I may just buy whites and creams now... coloring with the Copics assure matching!

What else.. OH.. the sentiment!! Do you love that chipboard or what??? First I stamped the sentiment from Whimsy - Thanks a Bunch Notables 2 Set, die cut with the matching die.   Then I added the Make if Crafty Chipboard from Whimsy - SO thrilled with these! They are made to match up with the sentiments and come natural chipboard. I added some Vintage Shabby embossing powder to the top and just fell in love! Since then I have dug for all my embossing powders to see what colors I own, cuz I will be using more of it!

The inside of the card I used matching papers from the same paper pad from BoBunny.


And here are the Copics I used -

So no reason for my card... just mental therapy - I had a million other things I really should have been working on, but it was really wonderful to clear my desk and just relax with my markers, stamp and new papers. Every had that kind of craft session?

Well hope you like it...

I bounced around just a bit and found a couple challenges that this one fit...

Southern Girls Challenge - Chippie Heaven - use chipboard 

Stamptacular Sunday Challenge - Roses and Ribbons!  SO perfect for this card!



I have no clue what is on the schedule for today... been a quiet week around here. Just a lot of regular regular... nice for a change.

Have a wonderful day... I am going to go and see what I can get into...
HUGS and-

6 comments:

Holly AKA KopyKat said...

adorable, love the colors and your sunset is fabulous.

Carol Dee said...

FABULOUS card. Great sunset and those ribbons and roses are stunning. hugs...

* Shell B.* said...

Way Adorable card Michelle, love the chip board you used!

Thanks for joining us for the "Chip Board" Challenge at Southern Girls!

Shell~Alaska♥
DT~SGC

Riet said...

So beautiful card,I love the image and the colours.
So gorgeous papers.

Hugs Riet.xx

Céline said...

fabulous card, love your coloring
have you see our dt call? it will be a pleasure if you wish to apply
thanks for playing with us at stamptacular sunday this week
hugs
céline

Stampalicious said...

beautiful card, love the colours, and the ribbon, thank you for joining our challenge at Stamptacular Sunday, hugs, martina