Tuesday, August 14, 2012

High Hopes Challenge - Black and White/Greyscale/Sepia

Hello Tuesday! Today is the High Hopes Challenge day.. and the challenge this week is one I have wanted try for a while now. A black and white/Greyscale/ or Sepia challenge! Now you can do your card all in the black and white and then do an image with a little color. But I really wanted to try to go for it and do the all grey scale coloring. And I think for my first try I did ok...  But before I show you my card I want to share something that had me dancing all around the house yesterday evening...

My Cutie Bird House that I showed HERE - And on the Little Darlings Challenge Blog HERE - Well Angie from Little Darlings shared a link with me...  MY birdhouse was featured on the Cool2Craft site! You can see it HERE!  I am so thrilled and honored that they wanted to show my bird house and feature it on their site!!! Thank You Angie! And Thank You Cool2Craft!!!!!


ok now on to today's post.. I'll try and settle down :0)

Here is my attempt at a greyscale card -


I just knew I had to use Maurice - One I had been dying to ink him up, and two I knew he would be great to work with all the greys and black coloring.  The sentiment "Moose on the Loose!" is also from High Hopes. :0)  My pattern papers are all from Prima, matted with black card stock. I sewed my layers, and then found a piece of black and grey striped ribbon, and ran it through the image, and added a bow.  I went through a million things to use as embellishments. Nothing felt right, then I found a vintage watch face that is black, love that. Then three dots of Graphite colored Viva Decor Paper Pen.

Here is the inside. Copied the same papers, sewed and then I added another of the High Hopes Sentiments. "Just Motoring by with a birthday Hi!"


Oops - totally forgot to take the photo of my Copic colors for this one.. but lets just say... almost every grey that I own! LOL yes, C's, N's, T's and W's... oh and I can't lie.. a tiny bit of E0000 and then my background is colored with BG90... but it has a grey cast to it so I thought it was ok.

I had fun with this one, and so happy it was the challenge this week and forced me to try something new. Now make sure to motor on over to the High Hope Challenge and join us!!! YOU could win some new High Hopes stamps... so do it!

Hoping to play catch up today... need to do a little surfing and visits, need to do some DT work, need to clean my craft area, and lots of other needs... hope I can check off more than one and not get sidetracked day. Ain't saying I don't enjoy the side tracks, but I really want to get ahead on things again. Makes life so much easier doesn't it?

Have a wonderful Tuesday :0-)
HUGS and-

3 comments:

Carol Dee said...

Great job, I love Maurice. Too funny. High Hopes has such fun images.

Riet said...

What a gorgeous card.

Hugs Riet.xx

Rhonda Miller said...

Great card. I love that image.