Friday, July 20, 2012

Just Magnolia & Hanglar Challenge - Birthday

Hi - Wow... it has been a fun, but tiring week for us here! Hubby and I have been taking our day trip vacations. We really have had a lot of fun and have been seeing lots of really good junk. LOL Antiquing all the towns around us - If only I had a few more walls available in my house I have seen some FABULOUS pieces I really wanted to bring home. Just kills me that my house is already so full. I told Hubby I think it is time to add on to the house again...HA! He has gotten a few great things he is happy with, and I have found a few things that make me smile. Once I have taken a breath I will try and take a few photos and share - But still on the go right now so no time! Whoo Hoo!

But to the challenge today - the Just Magnolia and Hanglar Challenge - and this week it is a easy one. To make a birthday card.

Here is mine - I dug into my older Tildas...



Yee Haw I went a little bit country this week. I love this cowgirl Tilda. Probably the Texas thing. I colored her with my Copics (see colors below) and then I blinded her totally! I don't know about the Rodeo Cowgirls in your area, but here, the more bling on your clothes and boots the more in fashion you are! So LOTS of stickles were used.. I think she is happy. My papers are Creative Imaginations, So love this paper, I cut up a few pieces strategically and sewed them in place. I made a flower with a Tim Holtz Sizzix die, with a pearl adhesive center. My Happy Birthday is pink letter stickers. My Tilda is pop dotted on to the front with the corners wrapped with twine. "Get a Rope!"

Here is a close up of Blinged Out Tilda -

Inside is simple with a cream colored card stock punched with EK Success punch and a scrap of pattern paper sewed in place.

And here are the colors used for Tilda


Hope my card gave you a smile, now do a little line dance over to the Just M&H Challenge and see all the DT cards. Then join us with a Birthday card for a chance at a great prize :0)


So where are we today? Well as of typing... I have no clue! LOL I'll report in tomorrow for Animal Crackers and let you know - Hope you are having fun where ever you are. Have a great day.

HUGS and

4 comments:

Carol Dee said...

I wanna be a cowgirl! I love her blingy outfit. Great rope/twine treatment and perfect papers. I will be back to see the animals tomorrow. :) hugs...

Heidi Brawley said...

Oh this is Gorgeous!!! I love the DP you used on here too!!! Have an Awesome weekend!!!
hugs, Heidi

Martina said...

This is really gorgeous Michelle! Love the paper and your blinky Cowgirl - fab colouring!!
Martina

Helen said...

wow what a great card. Love the bling on Tilda. Have a good time and see you probably tomorrow for our furry friends (working in / around the house, so need to find some time to blog around). Hugs, Helen