Sunday, April 1, 2012

Stampavie Sarah Kay - "Spool" Photo Holder

The other day was my turn on the Stampavie Blog again - I had so many things already scheduled, and all those babies to show off :0) So here is my project! It was so much fun....


I am so excited to show you what I made this week. Isn't funny how exciting it is when something is in your head and it works in reality! It doesn't happen often for me, so when it does work.. I get the giggles!
This is my Sarah Kay "Spool" Photo Holder. And I just love how Laura and Henri fit so perfectly on it.
I adore antiques, and love the vintage wooden spools. But I didn't have one to make my photo holder, so I made one ! Can you guess what I used? I am sure you can... This is a Toilet paper roll and two coasters! Covered in pretty Graphic 45 papers, inked and glued together. Tim Holtz lace borders, and lots of mulberry roses. My photo holder? That is a piece of copper wire rolled and then glued into the center of the roll. Was so simple!

Here is a close up of Laura and Henri - they are so precious.
I hope you enjoyed my project, oh... and the photo that is in my holder? That is my grandfather as a very young boy with his siblings. Such a great family photo.

Hope you have a great Sunday -
HUGS and -


8 comments:

Anonymous said...

Gorgeous project - great idea too - and the photograph is wonderful.

Martina said...

Gorgeous Michelle! Love your great idea and it looks fantastic!!!
Martina

Kittie said...

Michelle, this s so precious and creative.

Dee in N.H. said...

Michelle, that's awesome!! So cute! I love the way you dressed it up and then added that great photo!

Unknown said...

hiya this is superb..really clever and looks fabulous gotta dash to the loo!!!! hhaha yep i sure gotta go and make one.....thanks so much for sharing hugglies sassyx

Carol Dee said...

Love . love , love the photo !!! :) Great way to diplay it, too.

Unknown said...

hi again hunnie i just wanted to thank you for giving me a fabby and the best fun morning a girl could wish for other than a hospital scan this morning so i just had to do one of these photo holders...i have so enjoyed myself and made two...one a vintage fancy with my sister and another for a gift to my grandaughter at easter i hope you dont mind me doing them but i loved them so much..and i really had the greatest fun ive mentioned you on my blog yours is so much better though... but boy ihave had fun thanks to you xxxxxsassyxx

Kirsten Alicia said...

Watching news reports of the tornadoes in Texas, here in the UK. Hope your area is not affected. Thinking of you.