Thursday, September 8, 2011

Hedgehog Reading Desk Lamp

I love this Letraset Safmat stuff!! LOL really – soon I will be decorating all surfaces of my house. Right now I have been in the lamp mode. This is my second. After making the first I found this cute desk lamp at Target for only $5.99…. I had to buy it and decorate it right?
Simple project, took less than an hour to do.

First you need to find an image – I chose Stampavie’s Tina Wenke “Hedgehog Reading” – perfect for a desk lamp. I colored with my ProMarkers (colors listed below)

Then gather up your supplies
Your colored image – desk lamp and Safmat – and whatever else you want to decorate with.
Scan in or photo your colored image. Then Size to the object you at attaching it to. For my shade I needed it to be 3.5 inches tall – And print out on a sheet of Safmat.

Cut out and stick down – pretty simple huh?

Then you can decorate with what ever you like – me I found some cute flower ribbon to attach around the top.

I kept it simple – small desk lamp so I didn’t want to over do it.
Looks really cool with the light on..

So simple – So Cute! Childs name – school mascot whatever could be put on this lamp and be very personal for not much money. Safmat really does add so much, so easy!
Hope you like my desk lamp… me I am not sure where this one will go. Wonder if one of my nieces would like it on their desk?
Have a wonderful Day -
HUGS
MichelleO
Promarkers Used : Powder Blue, Cobalt Blue, Marsh Green, Lime Green, Pear Green, Poppy, Antique Pink, Oatmeal, Blush, Ivory, Primrose, Putty, Warm Grey, Caramel, Burnt Sienna, Sandstone, Lavender, Bluebelle and Apricot.

8 comments:

Helen said...

This is really lovely. I am sure one of your nieces will like it; I know my kids do. Hugs

Dee in N.H. said...

Awesome Michelle!

Kirsten Alicia said...

What a lovely idea, it looks great.

Ria said...

AWWW that is soo cute. I need to try that out for my girls next door They will love lamps like these!!
hugss Ria

Maryann Laursen said...

Oh this is so gorgeous and such a cool idea Michelle, and I just love it. But I also love this cute image, you´ve used onhere, that´s for sure, and I´m also sure, that any kid would love to get such a gorgeous lamp in their room.
Wonderful project, that´s for sure and sooooooo beautiful and cute too. I just love it.

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE This is sooooo adorable. Great Job! Hugs, Heidi Brawley

Tracy said...

This is a really wonderful lamp, you've done a great project Michelle.
Happy crafting
Tracy x

Sherry said...

I love the lamp!

I also love your animal stories and pictures! I would love to have a farm full of critters!

Thanks for sharing!

Sherry