Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Spoon Full of Sugar - Happy Birthday!

Spoon Full of Sugar Challenge is back this week! And the theme this week is simply "Happy Birthday" - create a card/project for a birthday. We all love having those cards on hand don't we? For me I got a chance to play with one of the brand new Stampavie images!!! She is gorgeous! And I tried out a new folding technique. I have always wanted to try these cards! Too fun! Once I figured it out!

 My card base is a 5.5 X 12 inch card - I followed the sizes from a tutorial at Splitcoast. You can see it here.  Was a fun card to make, I used DCWV papers and sewed them to add more texture to the card. My flowers are Heartfelt Creations Die Cuts with the petals rolled and then stacked. The sentiments are from Papertrey Ink's Birthday Inside and Out set. (love that set)

And now that great new image! She is by artist Penny Johnson "Cute little Anna". Just love her! I colored with my new ProMarkers.... getting better, but I do believe I need more colors.. LOL
Here I used: Blush, Oatmeal and Ivory for the face. Buttercup and Carmel for the hair. Baby Pink and Dusty Rose for her scarf and ribbon in her hat. And then Powder Blue, Blue Pearl and Denim Blue for the shirt and hat. 

Here is the inside sentiment  - close up. Good Birthday sentiment!
Now make sure to pop over to Spoon Full of Sugar and see all the Birthday fun, then join us for another great prize this week ok?

Me... I think I am going to go and love on a new baby donkey :0)
HUGS and -

5 comments:

Maryann Laursen said...

What an awesome card Michelle. This image is really lovely and I think your coloring is really awesome. I love the very soft look here and it just makes it even more cute.
Stunning work again, as always.
CONGRATULATIONS with the little new babydonkey, I just saw the pics here before, and it is soooooo cute.

Kirsten Alicia said...

Gorgeous card Michelle, love the image.

Helen said...

This one is really gorgeous!

Heidi Brawley said...

AWE!!! your card is super cute!
Hugs, Heidi Brawley

Carol Dee said...

She is so sweet. Just love her face and hat. I made cards with this fold for Christmas last year. Needless to say not EVERYONE got one. A bit time consuming, but great looking card. Love the papers, flowers and colors. By the way, your new markers are looking good! Hugs...