Friday, July 15, 2011

Just Magnolias and Hanglars - Pink, Purple and Pearls!

There is a warning on my card for this weeks Just Magnolias and Hanglars Challenge... you see I misplaced my MoJo in my messy craft room. Buried it somewhere... and I worked on this very plain card for over 2.5 hours and nothing worked. So I finally decided that sometimes, it just has to be left alone and be simple. Cuz nothing else will work for you.

Loved the challenge and was very excited about it, Pink, Purple and Pearls. I had visions of lots of pretty flowers and pearls for a very girlie card. But due to my craft room being upside down and having to work on 1/10th corner of my craft desk, I just couldn't pull off my vision. So Simple it was.... and is.  And hey... it will mail in a envelope easy :0)

 The papers are Prima Sweet Fairy papers. Really girlie papers here! I sewed down the layers - My image is colored with Copics and then shaded with pencils. I cut her out to make her pop more against the light pink pattern papers. A pretty light pink satin ribbon around as a band, with a pink bow and pink satin rose flower. I found these pink roses at JoAnn's really sweet roses. My sentiment is from OH My Word. Then for the pearls I added 6 adhesive pearls to the ends of the label die. Simple...

Here is a close up of the Hanglar image...
Just love pink and purple together - Such a girlie color combo!

Now for some truly gorgeous cards - pop on over to Just Magnolias and Hanglars challenge and see the other DT work! Those girls rocked this week!!

I made sure to write down all the colors of Copics I used for this one... and now I can't find it!! I know it is on my desk somewhere! If I find them I will add them - sorry.

Have a great Friday! HUGS and see you tomorrow for Animal Crackers!

4 comments:

Carol Dee said...

She is really sweet. sometimes less is more anyway. I think the card is very nice the way it is. TGIF, hugs....

Helen said...

I love this card. Plain, but very beautiful. Hope you will find your way into your craft room soon. Regards, Helen

Vicky said...

super cute

Kirsten Alicia said...

It might be simple, but it's certainly beautiful.