Friday, April 23, 2010

Just Magnolias - ANYTHING GOES!

How fun is anything goes!! Makes it pretty easy to join the challenge this week at Just Magnolias - only thing you have to do is use a Magnolia image... other than that whatever you want to make qualifies! YEA!

And this week you REALLY WANT TO TRY FOR THE PRIZE... if you love flowers that is!
This week our sponsor is Wild Orchid Crafts – who supply the most exquisite array of flowers and embellishments.

I was so excited that the day I had planned to make my card for today's challenge.. my Spring Stamp Club arrived! Whoo Hoo!!!  And this time I actually love all the stamps..  what a great theme this time too cute!

I used two of the stamps from the club. First I stamped the Cute sitting Tilda - then masked her and stamped the window over her. She is just perfect for the window.. duh think she was made to go with it... LOL They are colored with my Copics.
For my card, I wanted to see if I could make a climbing rose for the "wall" of the window. I found this perfect trellis looking paper from DCWV Rustic Stack. I sewed all the patterns down after inking the edges of everything with Distressing inks. I used two or three colors... I just could decide which I liked with the papers... so I used a bunch!

How about my climbing rose!! I was so happy with how it came out, and it was SO easy... LOL The branches and leaves are a Sizzix die. Branch and Birds I think it is called, it is one of the long sizzlets dies. I cut it out once in Bazzil Dotted Swiss brown card stock and then a second time out of dark olive green. I then cut the leaves off the green and attached them to the branches. I attached it to the card making sure it looked like it was winding around and behind the wall. Then for the gorgeous roses!! These are some of those totally yummy mulberry roses from   Wild Orchid Crafts –these are a new size for me, they are much smaller than I usually use.... and I now have more coming in LOTS of colors :0)

My sentiment is from Magnolia - It is actually I think from the Safari collection, I purchased it to go with that fabulous lion... but I think it is perfect for this Tilda as well!

Now RUN as fast as you can to see the other anything goes projects at the Just Magnolia's Challenge Blog... then join us! When you see the photo of the prize I promise you will want to!!
 REALLY!! :0)

HUGS and-


4 comments:

Kelly Schelske said...

Beautiful Michelle! I just got my kit too a couple days ago, love it!

~Denise Lynn~ said...

This is awesome Michelle! I love the little window and the branch of roses growing around it, so creative! Beautiful coloring and awesome stitching details.

anja said...

ohhh michelle i love this one gr anja

Unknown said...

I've just stumbled accross your blog and I must say this card is just absolutely stunning! Everything is so perfect on it. Great work :o)