Friday, February 26, 2010

Just Magnolias Happy Birthday!

This Friday the theme at Just Magnolia's is for a Happy Birthday! So no excuses.. .we all need birthday cards and what ever your style!  

 

I dug deep in my box of Magnolias and found Tilda with the Birthday Cake!! Love when I use stamps I haven't used in... like FOREVER! LOL  Now I wanted her to wear a pretty party dress for her Birthday Card... so I paper pieced a piece of the background matted My Minds Eye Penny Lane pattern paper. Even has some bling to her dress! I then stamped her out a third time to be able to POP the cake out! Everything was colored with my Copics.. well except her dress. :0)

For the rest of my card I layered the My Minds Eye Penny Lane pattern papers, with a very OLD Happy Birthday pattern paper from my stash... I think these are SEI... or maybe DCWV.. I have had them since the beginning of time - so it is really just a guess, they are not marked. I did a random sewing around the edge - and then for some added bling I added a pink flourish rhinestones from Basic Grey. Again from my stash forever... so happy when I use up old stock!! 

I hope you get a chance to make a "Happy Birthday" for the Just Magnolias challenge this week! Another great prize on the line.. so why not go for it? 

So what are your plans for the weekend? Same ole Same ole around here pretty much. Other than Saturday night - we are going to a local Hockey game with some good friends. We haven't been in ages, so looking forward to it! Not that I ever really know what is going on.. by the time I figure out what is going on the game is usually over. LOL but hey out with friends so I have fun! 

HUGS and  See you tomorrow for Animal Crackers!

1 comment:

Jilli said...

This is beautiful, love the colours, papers and the bling! Hugs Jillix