Wednesday, June 11, 2008

This one makes me giggle!!!

This one really does make me giggle! And it is a rare card, I saw the sketch, had the idea, and bam it came out just as I planned. SUPER RARE!


The sketch is a fabulous one from this weeks Papertake Weekly Challenge and it's another of Katharina's Sketches, she rocks the sketches! Now as soon as I saw it I thought of this cute stamp that I purchased months back at the LSS garage sale. Cute, but hard to use. I actually cut of some of it to make it fit the card.


Isn't it too funny, love the Rubber stamp store in the center! Start your Morning shopping with a donut, go get your nails done (we know all these inks are so hard on them) Then do some much needed stamp shopping, while the cleaners next door is doing the laundry, then before you head home stop for some ice cream! A perfect shopping day! It is made by Museum of Modern Rubber. I colored it in with my copics. Then stamped out Tilda in her fashionable dress. I always dress like this when I run out to shop. =) I colored her in with Copics as well, then I high lighted with Spica Glitter Pens.


Then to the sketch, I used a sage green card stock and layered a piece of DCWV Glitter Nana's Baby Girl Nursery. LOVE IT, and I am seeing it everywhere on cards, bet it is one of their most popular lines! I zig zag stitched the edges down, and then did the same for the band up the middle. I found a scrap piece of coral pink card stock and ran both sides through my Fiskars Threading Water Border Punch. I then sewed it together, and put it all together. Tilda is put on with pop dots to give an appearance of standing in front of her favorite stores.

I then decided that because there really isn't a place for a sentiment, I would do something on the inside. LIGHT BULB! I pulled out My Favorite Things Charge set. Oh my, just so perfect! I stamped out the Celebrate in Style and Time to Shop, then the little purse and shoes. (Those are both my shopping weakness!) Colored in with copics and matted with the same green, and sewed together.


I don't know who I am going to send it too, but for now it is just standing on my desk, makes me laugh! Hope it does you too! Well off to do some blog hopping and then get my day going, have a great Wednesday!




HUGS and-


Card Info:

Stamps: Magnolia, Museum of Modern Rubber, My Favorite Things

Paper: Bazzill, DCWV Nana's Baby Girl Glitter

Ink: Brilliance Graphite Black

Accessories: Copic Markers, Spica Glitter Pens, Sewing Machine, thread, Fiskars Border Punch, Pop dots

19 comments:

Nikki Fairbairn said...

Oh this is wonderful Michelle, What fabulous stamps and so girly... I love it! Hugs, Nikki x

Alhambra Club said...

Fantastic card and perfect way to spend the day.

Allison Rankin said...

Another winner Michelle...that BG rocks!

Katharina Frei said...

Wonderful Michelle! What a fun card! Love the stamp and the paper. The inside made me giggle :)

Ila said...

What a Fabulous and Gorgeous card!! I love the scene at the back of Tilda...what a great stamp. Your work here is Amzzing!

If our forecast is right.....I just may be wanting to send you some rain in a few days.....lol

Debbie said...

This is fab such a gorgeous image to use.

stampmonkey said...

That is such a darling card! I love that 'downtown' country feeling the background stamp gives it. So cute!

Rach said...

What a brilliant card with a lot of detail...fab stamp...
Hugs Rach.x

kes said...

I am sooooooo Jealous. stamps are lovely. I have news I am a DT member yippee!!!!!!.
SBS18 Challenges.

Sharon said...

What a lovely card! That stamp works perfectly for this layout.

Sharon

Bev said...

Oh wow! What a fabulous card

Beth said...

What a fab stamp! Perfect for the card!

debby4000 said...

Absolutely brilliant, love those shops and of course Tilda is looking stunning.

Jutta said...

Very very beautiful card. The image is brilliant!!!

Frances said...

Love, love, love this Michelle, made me smile! That row of shops was just made for Tilda. Could have done with a shoe shop rather than the cleaners, LOL! x

jenny said...

Fab card! I love the shops stamp and the sentiment inside :)
You have some beautiful cards on your blog x

Mrs Mayne said...

That's gorgeous! Love the stamp! It's a great card! Thanks for joining us for the challenge! x

Claudia Rosa ~ Pretty Pressings said...

simply fabulous.
what a awesome stamp!!!

Crafting Diva said...

WOW WOW This card designs is just lovely can I ask where did you get the stamp from I would love to order one it goes prefect with the tilda and I have that one so would love to make a card like yours